Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mango & Date Milkshake

Milkshakes and smoothies have become a regular at our home since the arrival of the Blendtec. Oh! I love that machine. It purees everything so smooth and in a matter of minutes. Smoothies and Milkshakes have become fun to make and have. And the beauty is - cleaning that pot takes minimal effort. Who would not like that right?

Last year I was a bit down healthwise and my blood levels were at its lowest. At one time my hemoglobin level was at an alarming rate of "5" - I had to be hospitalized and had to have a blood transfusion. I was advised to bring my levels up before my surgery and was asked to go the natural way. So it was spinach, beets, dates and all other things that would boost my blood count which had become a staple at home.

This milkshake became a regular at home during those days. Dates added sweetness and hence we did not add sugar.


Ingredients

2 cups milk (I used 1%)
1 cup frozen mango slices (I used deep Alphonso mango slices)
8 to 10 pitted dates
4 to 5 cubes of ice

Method

Combine everything in the Blendtec and blend it together using the smoothie function. If you are using a normal blender, chop the dates a bit to make the blending process easy and then combine and mix everything together till a smooth shake forms.
Makes about 2 tall glasses - a filling drink.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...